Whether you’re getting your Sunday lunch on or a mid-week meal, this easy roast chicken recipe ensures moist meat and flavour for days!
1 whole chicken 5/6 lbs
2 lbs red skin potatoes or 6 to 8
1 bunch rosemary
2 can beers or substitute llb/coke for under aged
1 bottle white wine
1 can red beans
1 can chick peas
1 can black beans
1 bottle feta cheese in oil
1 sm red onion
6 cloves garlic
1 bunch parsley
2 pimento peppers
1 small pack of paprika
1. Put the beer in fridge to cool.
2. Rinse bird with water and allow water to run dry.
3. Make a dry rub with 1 tbs salt , 1 tsb b/pepper , 1 tbs paprika , 1 tbs brown sugar.
4. Whisk together to combine.
5. Brush or rub bird with oil and generously coat the bird with dry rub and massage into crevices.
6. Place the bird uncovered in refrigerator for 1 hr.
7. Wash and cube up potatoes to 1 inch.
8. Season with salt black pepper and 4 cloves of minced garlic and 4 tsb oil.
9. Place potatoes evenly on a greased baking tray.
10. Open beer and drink it, but keep the can.
11. Open a white wine of your choice and carefully fill can 3/4 way up.
12. Stick rosemary strigs in can and place center of can baking tray with potatoes. 13. Place the open rear cavity over the can securely.
14. Bake in preheated oven 350 degrees for about 45 mins or until the chicken is brown all the way around.
15. Open canned peas and rinse with water. Drain excess water.
16. Finely chop onion , parsley, pimento and garlic.
17. Add chopped ingredients and empty the feta cheese in oil into a mixing bowl.
18. Combine ingredients and you’re ready to serve.
19. Drink second beer. You earned it!
20. Once the chicken has been roasted fully, remove from heat and let it rest before carving.
21. Serve with cold salad and other sides as desired.
Recipe provided by Chef Rishi Ramoutar.