Also known as saijan, moringa is enjoying one heck of a culinary comeback.
3-4 Saijan drumsticks, quartered
1 large potato, peeled and diced
1 tomato, quartered
1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
6-7 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1-tablespoon curry powder
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. In an iron pot, heat oil to medium.
2. Add potatoes and shallow fry the potatoes till they turn light brown.
3. Add a half-tablespoon of water to the curry powder to make a slurry.
4. Add the curry slurry, tomatoes and salt and fry them till the curry starts to separate in the oil.
5. Add the remaining water and drumsticks and cover it with a lid.
6. Cook on low flame for 10 minutes and once the potatoes are cooked and the curry has thickened, remove from heat.
7. Serve hot over plain basmati rice.