Ingredients (serves 4)
4 sweet potatoes (each about 250-300 g)
(20 g) 1 oz butter
Large pinch of chilli powder
Juice of 1 lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/ Gas Mark 6.
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes and make 2-3 deep splashes into each of them. Line a baking tray with kitchen foil and arrange the sweet potatoes on it. Roast them in the oven for 40-50 minutes, until they are soft.
- Meanwhile, make the lemon-chilli butter.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter (or low-fat spread), the lemon juice and the chilli powder.
- Place the mixture onto a piece of cling film; roll it into a small sausage shape, then chill in the refrigerator until the potatoes are cooked.
- When the potatoes are soft, slit them open along the top surface and spoon ¼ of the chilli butter into each one.
- Serve hot.