This simple and refreshing soup is ideal for a hot-weather lunch. It’s easy to make in advance and keeps in the refrigerator for a day or two.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 large ripe mangoes, peeled and flesh removed from the seed.
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger.
- Juice of 2 limes.
- 1 tablespoon rum.
- 1 cup (250 ml) orange juice.
- 1 tablespoon pickled ginger, cut into fine juliennes for garnish.
- Set aside 12 pieces of mango for garnishing the plates.
- Blend the remaining mango flesh with the lime and orange juice, the grated ginger and the rum in a blender for 2 minutes on high speed, until light and smooth.
- Garnish the soup plate with the mango and pickled ginger.
- Pour the soup into the chilled bowls; serve immediately.