What’s soft, and comforting and fabulous all over? If you haven’t already guessed it, velvet is back, and we could not be more excited! From the runway to your driveway and straight to the front door, velvet is popping up all over in 2019.
While you can expect the velvet trend to show up like your favourite foreign family member every few seasons, this year she comes bearing gifts: colour, colour, colour! What we find particularly captivating about this year’s variety of velvet is the array of colours we have to play with. While accent colours are often an ongoing trend, this season they lend the spotlight to accent velvet pieces!
Would you like to see some of our favourites?
- If you’re not ready to commit to the resurrected trend, but want to stay stylish, try adding a velvet throw pillow or duvet to your bedding. Cosy yet casual; who says you can’t have a thrilling, no-strings attached fling with fabulous Have you ever sat in a velvet chair after a long day at work?
- We’re sure it’s time to switch up that accent chair in your home. With a dash of velvet you can keep that look you love while sticking on trend. Not to mention, have you ever sat in a velvet chair after a long day at work? You can thank us later.
- Speaking of comfortable, velvet doesn’t only feel cosy, but its warm aesthetic lends perfectly to the bedroom. Velvet headboards are gaining huge traction, providing the bedroom setting with a trendy look, but also a relaxed feel.Velvet curtains will add a royal touch to any room
- Feeling bold? Dare to be different with velvet curtains. This incredible statement piece will be the Beyoncé of your home décor. Not only fabulous but functional too, these curtains are great for blocking light. Keep it soft with neutral colours or use it to add a pop of colour to your space; velvet curtains will add a royal touch to any room.
- In this modern age of ‘dare to be different’, the mix and match of texture and patterns has really been on the rise. Pair your velvet purchase with a metallic setting for a unique/modern contrast, or add it to your wooden/rustic scape. There’s so much fun to be had with the velvet look!
Not your grandma’s velvets; the velvet variety of 2019 is wowing interior designers worldwide. Velvets had a reputation of being stiff, limited in colour and easy to stain.
Let me hear you say it: Va-Va- Velvet is Back!